Spring should be a season when we can all enjoy the changing foliage and blooming flowers. But for those of us with allergies, this may be easier said than done. Extra airborne pollen, grass, dirt, and other plant-based debris can create a nice cocktail that triggers seasonal allergies for days at a time.
Seasonal allergies are a pain, plain and simple. Thankfully though there are ways to reduce their effect so you can enjoy spring a little bit more. Check out these helpful tips to help you battle your allergies and to help turn your home into a nice, allergen-free safe zone.
5 Ways to Battle Your Allergies This Spring
We all know that allergy medication or allergy shots are some of the most effective ways to tackle seasonal allergies. However, these may not be an option for everyone. What’s more, allergy medications can have unwanted side effects (drowsiness, for example) that make you weigh whether you’d rather take them or just suffer through it.
We know allergies are a hassle and we want to help. Here are some different ways you can do battle with your allergies this year so you can enjoy the spring season.
- Stay hydrated. When you are dehydrated, your nasal passages dry out and are less able to keep pollen and other allergens out of your systems. This can lead to increased allergy symptoms. Avoid this by staying hydrated. Keep a large water bottle around (16-20oz) and make sure you drink it dry a couple of times a day.
- Go for some extra spring cleaning. You already went through and cleaned the house once and that’s great. However, it may be a good idea to do this again. The cleaner your home is and the less dust and debris are able to pile up, the lower the chances that these contaminants can aggravate your allergies.
- Upgrade your shower routine. Do you save showers for every other day or every few days? Everyone has their own pattern but it may be a good idea to increase your time in the shower for a month or two. This will allow you to keep pollen, dust, and debris out of your system more easily.
- Get some rest. Fatigue can be a big trigger that causes allergies to flare up. What’s more, once your allergies kick in, you will feel even more tired!
- Add an air purification system to your home. Installing an air purifier in Jackson, MS into your home system can help to remove a large amount of debris and allergens from the air in your home. A lower concentration of allergy-causing contaminants will help reduce the chances your allergies kick up as much this season.
Battling allergies is hard but it is a lot easier when your home’s indoor air quality is clean and clear. With the right systems in place, you can enjoy the air in your home that improves your home comfort and helps improve your health too.
Contact the team at AirSouth Cooling and Heating to find your IAQ system match so you can breathe easier this spring.