A/C & Heating
Indoor Air Quality
- Air Conditioning
- Water Heaters
- Maintenance Plan
HVAC Installer Home / Contact Us / Join Our Team / HVAC Installer
$25 - $40 an hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC: 5 years (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
HVAC Installers are responsible for installing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and other equipment following manufacture specifications and company requirements.
Their job description entails installing HVAC equipment in customers’ homes, including furnace, air handlers, indoor coils, UV lights, air cleaners, and dehumidifiers, working under minimum supervision.
They also install outdoor coils and outdoor units, as well as repair refrigerants, txv, compressors, etc.
They provide knowledge, training, and guidance to HVAC installer helpers for them to develop the right skills to be able to perform HVAC installation jobs effectively.
The role of the HVAC installer also involves designing, fabricating, and installing a wide range of duct fittings and ducts that are required, as well as wiring both indoor and outdoor units.
He is also responsible for ensuring that the necessary paperwork is accurately, neatly, timely, and thoroughly completed.
The installer is also expected to carry out start-up on air conditioning systems when needed.
Due to the fact that this position makes contact with customers, the HVAC installer work description also entails delivery of consistent excellent customer service that ensures a high level of customer satisfaction always.
To be effective on the job, the installer must adhere to standard process and procedures of the company, which entails properly stocking of company vehicles with necessary parts; returning unused and defective parts to the department; and ordering and restocking parts in vehicles as required.
HVAC installers perform various functions in installing their customers’ HVAC systems, and ensuring that they are highly satisfied.
The various tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly carried out by HVAC installers are highlighted in the job description example below:
- Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment
- Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering
- Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in light commercial and residential buildings
- Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is properly done
- Determine the right material needed for installation work by pre-measuring jobs
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle
- Provide necessary support to other team members to be able to complete tasks on time as instructed by management
- Create and maintain cordial and collaborative working relationships with both superiors and co-workers
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management.
Role requirements, including education, skills, and experience for the HVAC installer role:
- Possession of 5 years HVAC installation experience
- Possession of High School Diploma or GED or equivalent; EPA certification a plus
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Must have an honest and dependable personality
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong ability to distinguish between various HVAC equipment
- Self motivated individual with strong ability to follow instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a team
- Ability to display professional company image
- Possession of valid MS driver’s license with good record of driving
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate under severe temperature condition for long periods of time
- Ability to climb, stoop, balance, crouch, crawl, or/and kneel continually.